Saturday, November 3, 2007

An Open Letter to Apple: Podcasts in the Wi-Fi Store, Please!

An Open Letter to Apple: Podcasts in the Wi-Fi Store, Please!

Dear Apple, Inc.:

Slackershot: No podcasts in the iTunes Wi-Fi StoreI love my new iPod Touch. I love that it has Wi-Fi and can do all sorts of neat things, and I even appreciate the ability to impulse buy music from the iTunes Wi-Fi Store. I have one request: please add podcasting support to the iTunes Wi-Fi Store, as you’ve done in the main iTunes Store. As you know, podcasts are a great way to extend the power and usefulness of an iPod, and a great way to upsell buyers to larger hard drives, particularly video podcasts.

I’d love to go into the iTunes Wi-Fi Store, use the same natural interface to search for podcasts on the topics I like, play them wirelessly right then and there like a radio, and subscribe to them with one touch, then sync back to my iTunes on my MacBook Pro when I get home.

Below you’ll find fellow podcasters and listeners in support of this petition. Please add robust podcast support to the iTunes Wi-Fi Store!

Best regards,

Christopher Penn
Producer, the Financial Aid Podcast
Co-Founder, PodCamp

read more | digg story

No comments: